PROJECT for January 21 - 31, 2016: (all submissions must be made by EOD January 31, post as late as possible without going past the due date)
- Build a social media app where users can sign-up, log in and log out, have a profile page (including a profile image - use gravatar - easiest), can create posts (150 characters maximum..ahem!), can add images to posts (this is optional, won't lose points for not implementing this since it requires AWS or other prod hosting), can like/dislike posts (but only once per post)
- There should be a users listing page, users can follow other users, and a list of who they are following should be displayed in some way in their profile page, perhaps have a total number listed on the profile page and when clicked takes it to the following users page
- Home page display for each user should have a dashboard, which displays all the posts of users the user is following - latest posts on top, users should have the ability to like/dislike posts (only once) from this display
- You can use your own authentication system, or devise, but no email authentication necessary (no bonus points for email authentication)
- There will be points for styling and display, controller restrictions and general good practices like using partials, DRY code etc.
- There should be a web app home page that displays when you go to the webpage and are not logged in, this should switch to the users profile page after logging in
Bonus points - Implement search box for users so instead of looking at users listing page you can search for users and add them to your list from there (hint: finance tracker app has this), styling can be as bland as craigslist (I would not recommend this) or as good as you can make it, my recommendation - bootstrap or foundation framework if you're familiar with it.