PROJECT for February 13 - 28, 2016: (all submissions must be made by EOD February 29, post your herokuapp link as early as possible and your github repo as late as possible without going past the due date)
- Build a mini Facebook Clone! This will be THE social media app where users can sign-up, log in and log out, have a profile page that resembles facebook's profile page when you log in (including an ability to upload profile image using gravatar - easiest), but a regular image (not gravatar) as the background cover photo! (Photo App has how to for this) Users can write status updates, (put a reasonable character restriction on this), can add images to updates (video not necessary but if you can add this it'll result in bonus points, can use embedded links for youtube videos here). Can like updates (but only once per update and dislike not necessary since facebook doesn't allow that)
- There should be a users listing page, users can follow other users (Bonus points for implementing friend request/accept functionality, but follow will be ok, finance tracker has follow functionality), and a friend's list page of who they are following or are friends with
- When users sign-up they should be required to enter first name and last name. If you build your own authentication system add it as you will, but if you use devise you can follow instructions from the finance tracker app to make the update - no email authentication necessary
- There should be a Home page after logging in which displays all the latest updates from users the user is following - latest posts on top, users should have the ability to like updates (only once) from this display
- There will be points for styling and display, as close to facebook's as you can! controller restrictions and general good practices like using partials, DRY code etc.
- There should be a web app home page that displays when you go to the webpage and are not logged in, this should switch to the users homepage page after logging in
Bonus points - Implement search box for users so instead of looking at users listing page to find other users, you can search for users and add them to your list from there (hint: finance tracker app has this) using first name, last name or email